Notes on water proofing an iPod
To reset an iPod with a Click Wheel
(below extracted from a page on the web)
Including the following:
* iPod mini
* iPod mini (Second Generation)
* iPod with color display (iPod photo)
* iPod (Click Wheel)
* iPod nano
* Fifth Generation iPod (also known as iPod with video)
1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.
If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep