Thoughts on Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die (by Chip Heath & Dan Heath)
Amazon link : http://www.amazon.com/Made-Stick-Ideas-Survive-Others/dp/1400064287
Some things that stuck!
* Two stories: Kidney stolen (a sticky urban legend) v nonprofit financing.
* Gladwell's tipping point as social epidemic
* The principles of Command Intent (CI)
* Evolution of Newspaper writing, have to cut off at the end (perhaps due to telegraph)
* The wonderful Nordies
* In 2005, the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded to the Australians Barry Marshall and Robin Warren for their discovery of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori and its role in peptic ulcer disease and gastric cancer. (link) Previously people didn't believe that bacteria could survive stomach acid. These MDs correlated first and then Marshall chugged a glass! Now micro organisms thought cause many diseases - e.g. HPV & cervical cancer and Mycoplasmas for heart disease.
* WIIFY = What's In It For You
* Deer is 300x deadlier than shark
* Maslov hier
* Spotter v creator
MyID: stick0mg (which is also an email tag)