** Nice visit to the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum in Ridgefield, CT .
Enjoyed seeing :
- Took lots of pics of his sculptures.
* Rackstraw Downes, Under Westside Highway
- Featured in the NY Times....
* Gary Lictenstein
- Wondered if he's related to Roy?
* Robert Fried, Farsighted 74
- Tank reflections
* Camera Obscura
- being inside of a camera with a small aperture lens - rather dramatic !
** Found a good book at a local bookstore:
New yorker. On the money. Economy in cartoons.
** Thoughts on visiting
* the actual town of Litchfield :
Cute... Notable how large the houses were close to the town center.
* Kent :
Lots of nice on street galleries. Stack sculptures of people and bicycle sculpture.
* Lake Waramaug (pronounced waraMUNG)
** Hill-Stead Museum
* Monet :
Enjoyed the 2 dramatic haystacks : "With white frost effect" (1889) and "The Daylight" (1890).
Both saved from a NY Apt. fire (5th & 46th).
* Whistler's "Blue Wave," 1862 -- on black sea
* The father (Mr Pope) collected art. Didn't want stuff loaned out -- a great contrast to Mr Barnes from Philadelphia !